Thank you for visiting the website of COCOPRAGEL, the Cooperative for the marketing of Agricultural and Livestock products, headquartered in Bouna, North East of Côte d’Ivoire.
COCOPRAGEL is a human adventure that began in 1972 with the creation of a “Coopérative à vocation agricole – GVC”) ans which evolved into a Cooperative Society in 2014
Our activities include the following:
- The production and marketing of agricultural products (Cashew, Cotton, Yam, Maize, Millet, Shea)
- The transformation of cashew
- The coaching of cattle farmers and breeders of small ruminants.
We provide the 15 sections of COCOPRAGEL with all the economic, social and cultural actions that contribute to the growth of their activities.
We operate in a changing economic environment, if not an environment in complete metamorphosis. We pursue the dream to fight effectively for the continuous improvement of the welfare of farmers and processing of agricultural products, including cashew, the unexpected nugget of Côte d’Ivoire, according to a Pan-African weekly.
COCOPRAGEL provides or facilitates the production, collection, disposal, or internal or external marketing of all agricultural products (such as cashew) and breeding production of its members, either raw or after conservation and processing
The cooperative has 15 major producers in the Bouna region.
In order to achieve its objectives, COCOPRAGEL does the following :
- Ensures the supply of industrial products, equipment, instruments, and generally all agricultural inputs or production of veterinary products necessary for the implementation of the activities of members of the cooperative on the domestic or external market.
- Provides its members with education, training and supervision to enable them to increase their productivity.
- Conducts economic, social and cultural actions that contribute to the promotion of its members in order to create value for producers, their families and their communities.
Côte d’Ivoire has become the world’s biggest exporter of cashew nuts. But the country and its producers are losing much of the value added by exporting raw nuts. Therefore, to create more value for producers and the rural population, COCOPRAGEL focuses its main activity on the processing of cashews.
With a processing capacity of 1500 MT per year, COCOPRAGEL provides its members with fair income for their activities with a positive impact on their living conditions.